These cycling resources are specific to the state of Minnesota.
Advocacy & the Law
- Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota — Provide leaderships and a unified voice for bicycle education, advocacy and efforts to make Minnesota more bicycle friendly so that more people will ride bicycles more often.
- Minnesota State Bicycle Advisory Committee — A group that works in association with state government agencies to promote bicycle transportation and acceptance in the state.
- St. Paul Bicycle Coalition — Advocating for bicyclists in Saint Paul.
- Minnesota State Bicycle Statutes — links into each currently applicable statute.
- Transit For Livable Communities — Advocacy group that encourages transit, walking, biking, and transit-oriented development.
- Bike Walk Twin Cities – an all-out effort to increase biking and walking, and decrease driving as part of the federal Non-Motorized Transportation Pilot Program.
- Minnesota Safe Routes to Schools — Helping children walk and bike to school via safe routes.
- Our Streets Minneapolis — Advocates for active transport in Minneapolis.
Trail & Route Information
- Cyclopath — A collaborate bicycle route resource for the 7-county Minneapolis metro area.
- Minnesota Bike Atlas — A publication featuring routes and trails throughout the Twin Cities metro, with out-state trail maps.
- Midtown Greenway — News and information about a popular commuter trail linking Minneapolis and Hopkins, including closure and construction updates.
- Gateway State Trail — Official site for popular state trail spanning from St. Paul to Stillwater.
- Skinny Ski — News for cross-country skiers, including trail conditions. The site also covers cyclocross, running events, and triathlons in the other seasons.
Blogs & Forums
- streets.mn — A collaborative blog and forum site about land use and transport in Minnesota. I am on the Board of Directors.
Clubs & Other Organizations
- Twin Cities Bicycling Club — Minnesota’s largest recreational bicycling club.
- Hiawatha Bicycling Club — Twin Cities-area cycling group.
- Major Taylor Bicycling Club of Minnesota — African-American bicycling club.
- Paul Bunyan Cyclists — Brainerd Lakes area cycling group.
- Central Minnesota Cycling Club — Central Minnesota area cycling group