Resources related to cycling nationally.
If you would like to be listed on this page, please contact me.
- League of American Bicyclists — a national advicacy group promoting cycling for fitness and transport.
- International Mountain Bicycling Association — Advocating for mountain biking, mountain bicyclists, and related recreational opportunities.
- Bikes Belong — Sponsored by the U.S. bicycle industry with the goal of putting more people on bicycles more often.
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy — A nonprofit organization working with communities to preserve unused rail corridors by transforming them into trails.
- Adventure Cycling — A nonprofit organization dedicated to bicycle travel offering many programs for cyclists, including a national network of bicycle touring routes and organized trips.
- America Bikes — A coalition of leaders from the bicycle community advocating for positive outcomes for bicycling in the federal transportation bill.
- FastLane — the official blog of the US Secretary of Transportation.
- The Nonmotorized Transportation Pilot Program (NTPP) — A program providing 25 million dollars each to four communities (including Minneapolis) to demonstrate how improved walking and bicycling networks can increase rates of walking and bicycling.
- Safe Routes to Schools — The FHWA site dedicated to this program.
- Congressional Bike Caucus — Provides Congressional leadership in complementing the efforts of the millions of cyclists actively working for safer roads, more bikeways, convenient bike parking and increased recognition of the importance of cycling for transportation and recreation.