Minnesota’s Department of Transportation (MnDOT) is launching a new statewide planning study intended to inventory existing bicycle facilities throughout the state, including those created by local government groups, and develop statewide policy guidelines surrounding bicycle planning. A new Statewide Bikeway Map will also be produced.
And they want our help.
MnDOT has scheduled a series of workshops to take place throughout Minnesota over the next several weeks. Meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Mankato: Tuesday, February 28
- Twin Cities: Wednesday, February 29
- Rochester: Tuesday, March 6
- Willmar: Monday, March 12
- Detroit Lakes: Tuesday, March 13
- St. Cloud: Wednesday, March 14
- Duluth: Thursday, March 15
- Bemidji: Thursday, March 1
- Online/Virtual: March 22 (11:30 AM session)
Each session is from 4-6PM. More information on each session is online at http://www.dot.state.mn.us/bike/study.html, including exact locations of each session.